Wednesday 2 March 2011

Strawberry Vanilla Bread


Another day another recipe and this time its Strawberry Vanilla bread. This is a recipe I make quite a lot, I love it. Sometimes its banana bread, sometimes almond but this time its Strawberry and Vanilla. I hope you like it and give it a go. Why not send me a link so I can see your creations…

Lets get stuck in shall we?

What you will need:


285g (10oz) - plain flour
1tsp - bicarbonate of soda
1/2tsp – salt
110g (4oz) – butter
225g (8oz) – caster sugar
2 – Eggs (go for free range, happy hen’s happy cakes :)
2 – Tins of strawberries in syrup (or around 350g of fresh strawberries, I find tinned easier to mash + mix)
85ml – buttermilk
1tsp – vanilla extract

Preparation:

  o   Begin with preheating your oven to 180c (gas mark 4).
  o   Sift the flour, bicarbonate soda and salt into a bowl.
  o   Cream the butter and sugar into a separate bowl.
  o   To the butter add the eggs, strawberries (mashed),
       buttermilk and vanilla. Mix together.
  o   Add the flour to the mixture gradually, mix well.
  o   Grease your tin and pour in the mixture.
  o   Bake for 45mins or until risen and brown.
  o   Allow the bread to cool before turning onto a wire rack and serve.

Tips:
If you are like me and hate to waste food then why not keep the syrup from the tinned fruit and use it in smoothies, juice’s and fruit salads or add it to your breakfast oatmeal or porridge or to flavour your tea. You can even drizzle it over some pancakes or freshly made cakes.

Also if you have any remaining mixture why not use it to make little buns, all you need is some bun cases…. :)


Serve up with some fresh fruit or custard or just eat it as an occasional snack with your tea (I know, I am obsessed with tea).

No comments:

Post a Comment