Sunday 13 March 2011

Pyjama Cushion


As I mentioned before I am a bit of a hoarder, especially when it comes to fabrics and clothes, I have piles just waiting to be used in some way.

One type of clothing I especially hoard is pyjama tops. I don’t know about you, but I love my pyjamas bottoms, I spend most of my days in them, but I never wear pyjama tops, so their usually tossed onto the ‘just incase’ fabric pile :)

Pyjama Cushions are so easy to make and because of the soft materials that are used to make them they are great for your bed or for your pets or even as a present for the kids.

If you want to make your own pyjama cushion, here’s how it’s done.

You will need:

• Pyjama Top
• Cushion
• Scissors
• Marker/pen
• Ruler
• Measuring tape
• Pins
• Sewing Machine (optional)

Step 1: Go fish out those pyjama tops or use an old pair you no longer wear. Figaro helped me pick mine.




Step 2: When you have selected one, iron and lay flat.


Step 3: Grab your cushion (It doesn’t matter what size as long as it’s not bigger than your top) and measure the length and width.

Step 4: Using the measurement, measure across the chest of your top just above the pocket (if there is one). Add on an inch at each side for stitching room and mark on the top with a marker or pen.


Step 5:
With a ruler join up the marks. You will then have the outline of the cushion.


Step 6: Pin the fabric about an inch from the marked line the whole way around the inner square.


Step 7: Cut along the line until you are left with a square.


Step 8: Leaving the pins in hand or machine stitch around the outer sides of the fabric.


Step 9: Once completely stitched all the way around, remove the pins unbutton and turn inside out…


...Insert the cushion, button up and then you’ve made your pyjama cushion :)


And there you have it I hope you give it a try and start recycling those pyjama tops. The pyjama top I used is so comfy I can’t stop hugging it. If you have any questions please do ask., also I mentioned in an earlier post that Maggie was taken in to get neutered. Well she is home safe and almost back to her normal self.

I will leave you with a picture my little cousin generously drew for Maggie and Figaro :) Have a good Sunday.

Thank you Alana x

2 comments:

  1. You have the cutest measuring tape! Did you make the case or buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Amy, it was a Birthday gift from a friend and its from disaster designs, they have really cool and cute stuff :)

    ReplyDelete